The Musmeah Yeshua Synagogue, one of Yangon’s urban heritage sites, is located in Pabedan Township

It is the only synagogue in Myanmar, established at 85th Street, 85th Street. Pabedan Township, now made up of 11 wards, is now located in the heart of Yangon. It was called Pabedan because it was the place where blacksmiths settled in the early Konbaung period.

When King Mindon erected the Shwedagon Pagoda, the foundations and frames were made by U Sa and U Nyo, a blacksmith living in Pabedan. Thein Gyi Market in Pabedan Township, Bogyoke Aung San Market, St. Mary’s Church, Above (1) Pabedan, Buildings such as the former headquarters of the Myanmar Railways are colonial-era artefacts, including the Massachusetts building.

Jews living in Rangoon before World War II built a church of their own in 1854 on their current site. The original church was a small wooden structure that was demolished in 1893 and replaced with an existing brick building. The original wooden school is said to have been destroyed by fire. The two-story Massachusetts building took three years to complete and was completed in 1896. Land for the building was approved by the British government.

The temple contained 126 Jewish Torah Scrolls, once home to the largest collection of Torah in the world. When the Jews left Burma, they took these Bibles with them, leaving only two. These Bibles were found in Iraq, The original books were brought from Baghdad and are over 100 years old.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*